Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer so far...

Hello Friends,
I have no idea who actually likes reading or checking out what is happening in our lives, but in case you were wondering Michael & I have been on the busy mode. It seems like life is seriously on the go and I don't have the time to even think or sit down and write on the blog.
Since my last post I was just finishing up my winter semester of school. Well I had about a week break until i went back to school for the summer. (That was the fastest 6 weeks of school.) During those six weeks I had the opportunity to learn from a wonderful photographer. Her name is Monique Saenz and she takes the most beautiful photos ever. Please go check her out! You will not be disappointed. On that note I did take beginning photography and I absolutely loved it. It was so much fun to roam around the island and take pictures of some pretty interesting things. I also took History 201 and I'm happy to say that i got a solid A! An A in a history class that was only 6 weeks long... crazy! But I did it none the less :) I also took Art History but that class is bridging over to the second part of summer.
I call this one the beheaded palms (Part of my final portfolio)

This project was just interaction and i wanted to see how it was as life as a mother at the beach

This is my self portrait


Frank turned 1 in May! It was so much fun!
 For the first two weeks of June my parents came to visit! It was such a treat because last time they came it was flooding and raining the whole time. But this time around it was glorious...It was so sunny and they had such a blast! I loved having them around. It was also fun to Have my dad be here on Fathers day! It was a blast.  They are seriously the best parents ever and i could not ask for anything better. COme back and visit us soon :)
Snorkling at Wiamea Bay 
Lovely temple session 


Of course we got our fill of Matsumoto SHAVE ICE! 

Fathers Day at John and Jenni's casa


I was so happy to Celebrate Father's day with my dad! He is so handsome. See the similarities???


Of course i had to add a picture of Philly. She is currently in heat and all she does is Sleep .

Mikes day goes something like this: Monday through Saturday 7:00- Wake up 10:00- Leave Hauula and drive to Waipahu- For those who do not live on this island it's about an hour and fifteen Minute drive. So from 12:00 -10:00Pm or later he works for the lovely Vivint. Selling alarms around the island has been different from what he has done but he really enjoys it. He likes the moment when someone wants/needs the security in their lives. He has finally got his groove and has been selling pretty consistently. I have such gratitude for him and for how hard he really works. Some days are super long hours about 15-16. But he is very dedicated and I admire him for that.

I just LOVE this BOY!
I have a four week break off from school and have been working doing cleanings for some vacation rentals at Turtle Bay. I also clean my parents house which is in Hauula and manage it with my brother while they are off the island. It's good money and I feel happy to contribute to our family finances. I have been trying to go to the beach, doing crafts- side note- my sister is pregnant with a little boy and my sister-in-law katie Johansen is pregnant with a little boy as well so the crafts keep on coming, playing with cute Philly and visiting friends and family. Sometimes it does get really lonely without mike but i have been putting on a smiley face and taking each day at a time. We have committed ourselves to doing Vivint till the end of the summer and then who knows after that. I will definitely keep you posted.

XOXO,
Bethany

3 comments:

  1. I like reading your blog!! Just be sure to let me know when you update :)
    We can't wait to see you guys! It's been too long.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, Bethany. Great to hear about and see glimpses of your life. Congrats on finishing your semester strong. You go girl. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so adorable bethany!! Keep giving me updates on your blog!:) Love reading it and seeing what you and mike have been up to! Hawaii looks like it has been treating you well! Sad we didnt get to see you when you came out to utah! Hopefully you will make a trip out soon! or even better we will come out there!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete